Attachment 14770Attachment 14771--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally received the Colt Letters I requested on my 2 recently acquired Commandos. While they do tell when and where they shipped from Colt, I'd like to get a better idea as to who the end users might have been. Being new to Colts and specifically the Commando, I sure would appreciate any and all assistance you folks can provide.
Colt Commando #1357x, a 4" barrel shipped 6/19/43 to the Brooklyn Cooperage Co. in Arabi, LA.
Colt Commando #1023X, a 2" barrel shipped 3/20/43 to the Port Transportation Officer, San Francisco Port of Embarkation, Oakland Branch, Oakland, CA.
I have no idea as to how/where these guns were routed, and who might have wound up getting them.
To the best of your collective knowledge out there, I would really enjoy learning a bit more about these rather interesting Colts.
Thanks in advance any/all input.
Regards,
John
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.