This is a Bavarian Police/Forestry Underwood M1icon Carbine that appears to have come into the country as a barreled receiver. It used to have a cruddy M2 stock, an Inland trigger housing (Type V) with mixed parts (unmarked hammer, Inland trigger and mag release, unmarked push safety, and Underwood sear), and a Type III IBM operating slide. The barreled receiver is blued. The bolt is blued, flat, and with all correct Underwood parts. The barreled receiver still has the original Type I barrel band, flip sight, and front sight. Barrel date is 12-43. The receiver has the Ordnance Bomb stamped on the beveled end behind the serial number

The second picture shows the receiver, the Bavarian mark on the left side of the front sight, and the milled area on the left side of the receiver next to the bolt where the Bavarian Police/Forestry stamping was removed.

The third picture shows the flip sight (with the S on the base and .U. on the flip), the barrel band, and the front sight (.U. on the front).

I’ve put the barreled receiver into a correct Underwood stock with correct handguard, correct trigger housing assembly, and correct slide. The only part I’m missing is a correct Type IIA mag release (it has a Type IIA but Inland marked). Not sure what else I might do with it. I’ve seen a lot of carbines for sale over the past year, but only a couple with original flip sights and Type I barrel bands. This one was inexpensive and it’s been fun learning about its pedigree.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.