05-19-2024 @ 11:53 PM
    Real Name
    Thomas Smith
    Local Date
    05-25-2024
    Local Time
    10:13 AM

No4 Mk1 T Rebuild

Howdy all. This is a project that I've had in the pipeline for a while now and I have just brought together all the parts I need to begin. I'm hoping for a new wood set in the near future, but I'll have to see how that pans out. I have a fall back, but not as ideal as a new set. Also I need a cheek piece, so if anyone can help me out with one please let me know.
    I bought the receiver as a bare No 4 T barrelled receiver. The barrel is pretty well knackered, but I have an unused 5 groove in perfect condition. The No32 Mk2 scope, I bought as a very expensive, very rough example, it is 1944 like the receiver, and has now been restored to perfect functional condition.
    All the action parts and bolt are robbed from a BSA receiver (1944), and the other metal parts are off a Matlby, but these are all british contractor parts and are pretty at home on the rifle.
    The bracket is one I bought from Roger Payneicon.
    The hardware in the foreground I bought from a forum member.
    It is my intention to document the rebuilding of this rifle to a state, as it would be having just come out of Britishicon FTR. Including rebarreling, bedding and fitting the woodwork, beadblasting, phosphating, Suncoriting(or a substitute if its unavailability prevails) of metal parts, fitting and renumbering bolt body, forend and butt, collimating the scope, and restoring the finish of the No8 telescope tin/case.
    Additionally I will be building 2 transit cases, one for me and one for a friend and I will be stensilling the rifle and telescope numbers on them.
    For this project to be successful for me, it is essential that the rifle shoots beautifully, and in its completed form be indistinguishable from an honest example to all but the most knowlegable inspectors, in terms of appearance, trigger pull, scope collimation, stock fit, , parts utilized, and stamp fonts.
    I will never sell this rifle, and I will never lie about its assembly by me, but it has cost me an embarrassing amount of money, and this will be the best damn bitsa, at least on my local rifle range.
    I expect the project to take up to a year to complete.

Attachment 15097
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Badger; 08-17-2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Moved to Enfield Forums with permanent redirect so both forums may follow project ...

2. The Following 7 Members Say Thank You to tbonesmith For This Useful Post: