Go on, admit you never heard of it - well, at least I hadn't until recently.
What, you know all about it!!! Then PLLLEEEEASE help me. I have one of these rarities, and I actually rejigged an 11x60R die set and trimmed down some M71 cases so that I could shoot it. The results were quite promising, but the poor thing is a bit bubba-ed. The fore-end cap is missing, and has been replaced by a piece of recycled tin can at some time in the past. Now while this may not have much effect on the accuracy, it looks rougher than even I am prepared to tolerate.

I have Ball and Olson, and have searched the net, but I cannot find a photo that clearly shows the front end. It must have looked a bit like the M71 cap, but without the bayonet lug.
Any picture that clearly shows the cap could help me to make a plausible replica!

Trusting in the wealth of expertise that is available on this forum, I eagerly await replies!

Patrick

P.S: for those who do not know what a Grenzaufsehergerwehr is, it could best be described as a Mauser M1871 "lite", using a shortened version of the 11x60R cartridge. About 4000 were made for the Prussian border officials. Not a common item at all!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.