Well guys this past Friday I took my M1917 to the range for what was going to be the final time, before I put her up for trade. Guys it was as if she was talking to me " Please don't trade me" I fired about 30 rounds through her at 100 meters and almost all of those rounds was in the kill zone That being a circle on a silouette. Strange as this will sound I have had that rifle for 25 years. OK that was it She is officially off any trade or sell list. I'll tell you something else that you probably won't find strange; My Lee Enfield #4 MK1 303 is just as accurate So I have to say at this point that my 2 enfields are the most accurate rifles I have. The 1917 is my only American rifle, and will probably remain my only American rifle. M1icon is now well beyond my reach at any price. So I'll simply throw in the towel and forget about them. The rest is European/Eastern European. I now want to add either the SKS or the MAS 49 I think maybe I do want a semiautomatic from Europe, or Eastern Europe. Personally even with a C&R I can buy certain Lo Cap AK47 here in NY.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.