Thread: WW 2 fought - without firearms????

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    09-19-2023 @ 12:24 AM
    Local Date
    06-13-2024
    Local Time
    02:28 PM

Angry WW 2 fought - without firearms????

I realize this will get moved to the watering hole or some such place, but since I hang out here, I hope to share it with you. I have been a History teacher for over 6 years, beginning it as a second career after retiring from 20 years law enforcement (and 5 years military). I have noticed a disturbing trend in History text books. Liberal political correctness and absolute visceral hatred of military and firearms that forged this world to the point of outright misrepresentation.

Today I was substituting and browsing a current edition US History in over 70 pages of text on World War 2, there were few pictures of soldiers, and exactly three photographs of the war that any firearms in them: One was two Navajo code talkers one with a Reising, one was a grainy Omaha Beach picture with several firearms in the distance, and one was the raising of the flag (#2) on Mt. Suribachi! The Suribachi picture had photoshopped out the Marines' firearms from the picture, but one could faintly be seen in shadow. They were several other photos where the firearms were photoshopped out entirely. If you were to believe the book, the 101st Airborne that Eisenhower inspected as they loaded the planes jumped into Franceicon unarmed! It was appalling in its level of deceit.

The Vietnam war (3 pages only) showed no soldiers or weapons, except National Guardsmen pointing M14s at hippies. Korea had 2 pages, and one photo of Black GIs with a 30 cal 1919. The book spent more time on hippies, social upheaval and Elvis than Korea and Vietnam put together. The first and second Gulf Wars had ZERO pictures of the military at all. The history of WWI had few military pictures and only used one sentence to mention machine guns, though it changed warfare forever.

We are breeding educated, politically correct eunuchs! It reminds me of Jack Nicholson's tirade in "A Few Good Men."
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 4 Members Say Thank You to imarangemaster For This Useful Post: