NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    09-25-2011 @ 04:08 PM
    Local Date
    09-22-2024
    Local Time
    11:45 AM

preparation on the firing point

I couldn't think of anywhere better to put this topic but Mods please feel free to move it.

I am a noob to vintage rifle and as a probationary member of a local rifle shooting club I have shot 5x times this year at 400, 500 & 600yds on a UKicon MOD range .

I have used a borrowed No4 with PH-5c sights and shot fairly well given my inexperience and vision prblems. Shooting 2+15 rounds at each distance.

The question that I would like to ask is What is the pre shoot routine that you go through prior to shooting on a competition target shooting range . I have had no chance to ask anyone in the club as there is so little time if everyone is to shoot at each distance during the day.

I am very concious that my preparation is practically non existant and different every time. Everybody around me is chattering away and moving their mats and gear around frantically due to time restraints and its very distracting especially as we are usually 3x to a target and have to score each others cards.

Last shoot for example I assumed the sling would be ok and found it impossible to adjust and use once we had started to shoot. As I had no historical data to referto regarding setting up the sights at 400yds ( on someone elses rifle) it took 6 rounds to get onto the target. it all went to pieces and I scored a mere 32 out of a possible 90 grrr

Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by peanuts; 11-26-2010 at 08:43 AM.