Hello folks, I am new to the forum. My name is Fred, I am fifty-two and have been collecting militaria for around thirty years and re-enacting for about twenty. I bought my IBM carbine in the early 90's. It is a complete mixmaster but is very clean with a great bore ('44 dated Inland), flat topped bolt and a nice looking stock. All the parts are about the same shade of dark charcoal gray. The only exterior part that is actually correct for the reciever is the front sight. Many parts such as the trigger housing and recoil plate are Winchester. According to my research, the correct stock for this fairly early IBM would be an I-cut Rock-Ola.

Question- My stock is a low wood National Postal Meter marked Trimble TN with a faint plain "P" on the pistol grip and a number "25" on the bottom of the grip. The only other markings are the part that puzzles me. On the right side centered above the safety is "\/FIRE>SAFE" in 1/2" tall letters. Has anyone seen a stock marked like this? When would this have been done? How unusual is this?

Thanks
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.