I was just looking at an ad on gunnutz for a 1943 LB #4mk1* over on gunnutz. Below the serial number is stamped E25. I have observed other rifles with similar markings on them in this area, but certainly not all rifles.

I find a similar marking on ex-Cdn service stens, but it is only on receivers which have been refinished to the light gray colour. It doesn't matter if the Stens were Brit or Cdn origin, but if they are gray, they have this style of number. Usually it is on the magwell, but occasionally on the trigger housing or on the barrel as well. It is always a single letter followed by one, two or three digits. If the number has 3 digits, I have yet to see one above the low 1XX range.

So were these a batch number or an inspector number for guns that were arsenal refinished by CAL here in Canadaicon? Does the LB rifle look refinished to you guys? I'll post a some photos of some of the refinished stens that exhibit this mark.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.