I have recently obtained a No.4 Mk1/2 and as i re-enact british airborne i would like to take it back to its original finish, before anyone jumps at me for this i best point out that before i bought it, someone has already given it a new set of woodwork (which seems to be the post-war light wood) and painted the metal work black (dont think its suncorite, just seems to be paint). Im not thinking of touching the MK2 trigger for now (can you notice the difference just by looking at it btw?). Im unsure about correct wartime finish for wood and metal work, is the blacking on the metalwork post war, i have found lots of conflicting sources about that, some saying its a post war thing and some saying it was done during the 1940's, and what would be the correct colour woodwork? I understand there not going to be a set colour as such, but the light wood is incorrect right? :P

(i would post a picture but its off having the pads put on it for a repro no.32 scope i also have, should get it back next week)
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.