Need help identifying a '98 Mauser carbine. Not able to post pics yet so an id will have to be made based on the description, if possible. Here goes: Large ring 98 action w/17.5'' bbl. cal. 7x57 mauser. On left side of reciever: FUERZAS ARMADAS DE VENEZUELA FAB. NAT.D'ARMES de GUERRE, HERSTAL-BELGIQUE proof mark parallel to bore *z over ->>. Top of receiver: Venezuelan crest. Right side: s/n 021261. Bent bolt w/ proof mark: something over P.V. inside a rectangle. Condition: Good w/ shiney bore. Stock has been a little over sanded. Blueing: 80%. I've seen only two others like it at gun shows. One was tagged as a cavalry carbine and the other as a police carbine but were otherwise identical to mine. Both were priced at $900 and were in much worse condition than mine. Igave $300 for mine and figured i'd paid too. I don't really think they're cavalry carbines cause they'd most likely kick you clean off a horse. Beastly little thing, kills on one end mangles on the other.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.