Took my No/4 T to the range on Saturday. I wanted to try out S&B vs PP ammo. Results not what I expected. After a couple of warming shots into the bank I started out on the paper. First shots were a few inches apart then I put three in the same hole, and put the originals down to warming up. Then it exhibited a strange tendency, out of 5 shots 2 might be in one place and the other 3 in another (about 2 inches across but an inch down). his happened three time. Two distinct impact area within five shots.

Just to check it wasn't me (as that was my first thought) i then put 15 rounds of the same ammo through an 1898 model 95 Winchester in 303 with open sights and got a 2 1/2 inch solid group. So my thoughts are 1.) the 2 inches odd is the best the ammo will do and I'm expecting too much and it just happened that these shots end up focused in two specific smaller groups or b) something is slipping under recoil in the scope and moving between two points. Any thoughts as to whether this is possible?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.