Thread: Wild Tiger Corps No.1 MkIII* Rifle.

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    10-21-2023 @ 05:25 PM
    Local Date
    09-23-2024
    Local Time
    02:23 AM

Wild Tiger Corps No.1 MkIII* Rifle.

Hi fellas,
    Just after some advice.

My local gunshop has just got in one of those wild tiger corps No.1 MkIII* rifles. Its in pretty good condition and apparently been in someones closet for over 40 years so has seen little use.
    He's asking about $900 Aussie dollars for it.
    I know these things are pretty rare and i know nothing about them so i just thought i'd ask if anyone knows whether the price he is asking is a good deal or not.

The metal all looks pretty tidy and the barrel is bright and got a lotta life left in it. The timber work has a few scars including a little piece out of it on the butt...nothing major though.

It has a lot of markings on the butt including a crown sitting above what looks like a shield with letters on it - looks like the early Lithgowicon logo with a crown above it. Has "DP" on it in massive letters so its been used for drill purpose at some stage in its life.
    The butt still has the disc in it with siamese lettering on it.

The only thing that threw me a little is both the butt disc and the the bolt have the lithgow mark of an 'A' with the star around it........so its been inspected at lithgow at some stage but not FTR markings on the rifle.
    I'm thinking maybe the stock isnt original, only the metal is.

I'm not a collector but having not seen one of these before it caught my attention. I thought maybe someone on here might be after one.

Any help/info would be appreciated.

Thanks

edit: General Information Markings (Wood Types) pg4 The butt in the pic at the bottom of this page where it says queensland maple are the exact markings on this rifle
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Pablo; 01-21-2011 at 08:58 AM.