Thread: What's Your Addiction?

Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    03-26-2024 @ 07:30 AM
    On the right side of Australia, below the middle and a little bit in from the edge.
    Local Date
    06-18-2024
    Local Time
    02:06 AM

What's Your Addiction?

Hello. My name is Son... and I'm a Lithgow addict.

Amongst firearm owners circles, most would have seen their particular facination refered to as an addiction. We all know the feeling of "just one more, I'd really like one of those..."
    Well for me it is everything Lithgow. Being here in Australiaicon makes these about the easiest milsurps to collect, but even here they are getting much harder to find in good nick. The main reason for this would be the changing face of our gun laws. I won't be drawn into the politics, but what it did by removing semi autos from circulation several years ago, was to push keener shooters and collectors towards bolt guns.

I started very late in the scheme of things, and have been very selective in what I aquired (some were virtually given to me...). As well as several Lithgows, I have an LSA MLE MkI*, two of the rarer Britishicon .22 trainers, a BSA MkI***, a British No1 MkIII bitsa and an early ROF F No5. There are a couple of others in my safe, but even these are British of origin and the newest firearm I own was made in 1945.

For me, like others here I suspect, this forum provides the opportunity to see and learn about milsurps that are either out of my reach financially or legally, or outside what is currently my main interest. With this in mind, I invite everyone to hit this thread with a little background info and a pic or two of your favourites.

Here's my three favourite Lithgows, the top one is the most recent made rifle in my safe.....

1) No6 Mk1/1
    2) No1 MkIII* HT(AUST)/1
    3) No1 MkIII* FTR '55
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by Son; 08-01-2007 at 09:09 AM.