Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first posting. I'm living in Germanyicon, so please excuse some probably incorrect spelling etc. I recently bought a 1903 A3 which obviously had been completely refurbished - serial indicates that it had been manufactured by Remington in 1942, but there is a new barrel (1944), a new C-stock and all the other parts look like new as well.

My problem with the rifle, which is incredibly accurate even with not-first-class-quality-ammunition, is that the last round pops out of the magazine when I eject the second last round after firing - the spent case and the round together take the same way to my right. This happens in 9 of 10 times. When I load the magazine, the first round mostly doesn't stay in the magazine without some longer fumbling or holding it and pressing it down until the second round is in the magazine. I do understand that this might be caused by either a follower spring that is to strong or by the follower with to much space to move lateral or by the receiver opening above the magazine beeing to wide. While the last cause would be a problem possibly not to be solved, what could I try to find out about the possible problem with the follower/spring? Spare parts are very rare in Germany as are Springfield rifles, so I don't want to damage a part by trying to get the rifle working properly...

best regards
Ulrich
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.