Threaded View

Last On
    06-27-2020 @ 12:30 AM
    Local Date
    06-17-2024
    Local Time
    12:19 PM

What do I have?

I received an old, sporterized Lee-Enfield rifle which I'd like to restore to its original condition. Here are two pictures of said rifle. Thanks, Dennis

With regard to the full length image, what parts do I need to complete the rifle to original condition? I've been to both Gunparts and Springfield sporters but can't make out the schematics too well and am not familiar with the nomenclature. I know I need the rear sight guard, but what other parts forward of the sight do I need? Also, they show a variety of mfr Indian? Britishicon? Australianicon, etc.; which ones would I want to specifically look for or doesn't it make a difference? For example, in Spgfld Sp parts list they show two forarms, one is new (EFD, cut for cut-off) and the other is used - Indian - from DP rifles. What is EFD and what is DP rifles? I just want a representative No. 1 Mk III. The serial numbers of the parts do not match. Everything appears to function, although I haven't fired it. Your assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dennis
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by dek; 09-12-2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: additional questions regarding parts