Need a little bit of advice and assistance - and here has to be the best place to start....

I have a .303 Winchester P14 that I would like to fit a Parker Hale TZ 3/53 target sight.

I have located the Instruction for fitting the sight to a P14 rifle, which read as:

"Remove from the rifle the short range sight axis screw and the bolt stop axis screw which will also release the long range aperture sight

Replace the bolt stop, force back the bolt stop spring and slip the grooved foot of the target sight under the spring until the lower stud finds its way into the long range aperture sight axis hole"

Now under the pre WWII Mk II standard modification (Weedon repair standard) the long range volley sights were removed - is it the case that under this modification the spring seat in the bolt/stop/ejector was also replaced as I cannot see how a target sight can be attached in its current format as there is no long range aperture sight axis hole that I can see (though eye sight is not as good as it was...).

If I do need to locate a different spring seat - anyone know where I might be able to lay my hands on one.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.