My dad has an M1icon carbine that he is giving me. The gun was made for my grandfather (David Stamy) during WWII at a dodge factory that he worked at somewhere in Michigan. I guess they made guns there during the war. The story is that Robert Owen had made stocks for Teddy Roosevelt. I have some paperwork on the gun and that is the names of the two guys that it says made the gun. Anyway, it's a nice gun and it's only been fired maybe 10 tens at the most. I think we took it deer hunting once in Texas which is where I was born. My father is originally from Michigan but was billeted at Ellington Field between Houston and Galveston after the war. He was a navigator/bombadier in B-24s flying out of Italyicon. The gun has a blued barrel on it but the peep sights on it are parkerized. Just wondering if any of you guys can add to the story on this gun. It is not for sale so I really don't need to know what it is worth.
Thanks,
Rick Stamy
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.