SWISS SCHMIDT-RUBIN 1889 30WCF GLITCH. PLEASE HELP! I had one awhile ago that I sold. Never fired or even chambered a round, it had a snapped bolt stop/release lever on the right side. I eventually sold it as parts(the guy needed the magazine for his). I think I know how the bolt stop snapped. I've picked up two more since then and they both cycle just fine empty. As soon as you introduce a cartridge(this might make some cringe) It takes a violent and very forceful slam to the bolt to get it to close completely- if the necessary brutal force isn't applied it will stop about 7mm shy of closing and thankfully won't strike the primer. Then even if not fully closed it takes the same hammering effort to open the action. The resulting slam impacts the bolt stop lever violently(eventually probably breaking it). I still have not fired a round for fear they will completely jam. I first thought it might be a headspace issue, but I think the conversion from a rimless to the .30 WCF rimmed cartridge is causing space issues with the extracter sitting farther out but it looks like there is enough of a channel relieved in the breech. PLEASE HELP! These guns I'm told were imported by Winchester as sporters. The '89 having a weaker action than the K11 or K31icon but strong enough for the 30wcf. Please tell me this is common and there is a simple fix for this fascinating rifle. Thank you. Joel glassarm1@hotmail.com
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.