Bear with me folks - I am new at this game, and I have been researching the heck out of Lee Enfields. Now, I've seen references to many things on here but can't find the darn articles I saw...

I purchased a couple of full wood No4Mk1's, and a sporterized No4Mk2. I haven't got the full wood ones yet, but I picked up the sporter today. I believe this is a gun that was converted by Parker Hale, as the barrel is shorter than a standard model (about 22"), and it is stamped Parker Hale. I believe the receiver has been drilled for rings, but I only see 2 holes close together, not others (see pics below). The receiver is electropenciled N04Mk2(f) and then has /50 PF204*** below it. There is also a stamp that looks like a circle with a backwards D in it. There are very little markings on the metal in front of the buttstock (I believe this is called the wrist?); nothing on the left hand side, and the right hand side under the bolt handle, there is \ | / and 2 little stamps that I can't make out. The bolt matches the receiver, but the mag is a mismatch. The buttstock plate is brass. The rifling seems strong, and I did not see any pitting. If you stick a bullet in the muzzle end, it will only go in until the tapered part of the bullet starts to widen out - seems like a decent barrel.
I hate asking for help decoding some of this, and I will probably be back later once I get the full wood versions - but, I was hoping someone could help me out...

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.