I picked this up recently and have been toying with the idea of refinishing it. First off im reasonably shure its a parts gun despite the nasty importer mark. ive been told the wood is unissed coach wood, butim new to the world of specifics of thing. just havent cared till recently. the barrel is blued and ive been told its a older bsa barrel. The reciever has been parked which is what is annoyiny the hell out of me. I've look at i dont how many pictures of lithgows. Blued, phospate (i think), and some just plain old paint, but never this dull gray park, have i found yet. what Im thinking is strip and blue (would this be correct for a 44 Lithgowicon), Fabricate some recoil blocks for the stock, and Ive thought about a finish on the stock, but been second guessing that. So its probally a no go. If I do, what type of finish would be correct (linseed?). Thoughts and opinions would be most welcome.

I admit I dont know squat, but Im more than willing to listen.

Thank you
Matt
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.