I have a RIA 1903 with a 1918 barrel date that has a Lyman peep sight. From what I understand they are NRA based and popular from the 50s-70s? I believe the front sight blade is a Lyman also because it looks like it has a white plastic bead on the tip.
I would like to restore it to original condition. I somewhat tried to remove the rear peep by removing the only screw but the sight just seems to rock around, I tried depressing the push button on the side but was still not able to wiggle it off. I am also not sure what would be the best method for removing the front blade without causing damage. I believe I found an original front blade sight, a "high hump" pre 1919 upper hand guard (because it has a 03A3 hand guard installed currently) and i think i also found an original rear sight assembly. I think im missing the front sling swivel also, guess i should have got it out and looked . Im not sure on patching the reciever holes either, JB weld . Wow....looking at it on paper I see there is a lot more that needs done than i realized. It does have a straight stock ("S" Stock ?) which i f i can remember from previous research that would be correct for an 03. Maybe ill try to get a picture up.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.