Shooting the Webley Mk VI
I tried out the Webley at 25 meters on Saturday, using 265 gns RN-HB Silver Moly bullets from WM. The very first shot was a 10X. I hate that - you just know it can only go downhill from there - and it did. OK, all shots in the black, and the blackening on the outside of the cases indicates that my "chicken" load can be increased quite a bit.

Then I tried the 255 gn FN-HB bullets. I had expected that the cylindrical shape would help accuracy. Wrong. Shots were all over the paper, with no semblance of a group. I can only hope that increasing the quantity of powder will help.

The good news: as this was a "running-in" session, I cleaned the bore after every shot. It started off looking good, but at the end of the session it looked perfect! And the mechanism is a joy.

Back to the reloading bench. And if anyone out there has some experience of using these heavy bullets, I would be delighted to hear about it.

Patrick

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.