All,
Thanks for your patience and putting up with my M44 posts!
As we all know... you can't just have one Mosin... I was going to specialize in the m44's, so that is where I had started... and... well... ended. So here is the last of my meager collection: 1953 Hungarianicon M44.
We will start with the stock...

My understanding is that the stock marking like this is factory/ arsenal.

Alternate side of stock. This is the SN of the rifle in two different directions...

Here we find the buttplate. It matches the rest of the rifle!

This is the magazine floor plate... so far... so good... we are matching...

Interesting photo of some additional cartouches... I don't know what these mean... and I didn't notice them on my other Mosin variants...

Dang... found a non matching part... looks like the bolt was swapped at some point!!

Here we have the typical "side serial number" on the rifle...

Rather cruddy photo of the receiver ring.. Basically it says 1953, and has the "typical" code markings... along with the serial number... The tag had been ripped off this critter, so it took some time to look up what country this came from...

Moving past the receiver and sights... we find the barrel band spring is also missing! This rifle has some character... and was obviously used... so now is the trick of finding the band... along with a cleaning rod... sling...

Last photo is of the hinge for the bayo. I noticed some marks that I didn't notice on the others... yet to figure out what they mean... but interesting stamps...
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.