K98 photo gallery

Gentlemen, My name is Marv and have been into WW2 rifles for about a year now. A year ago my son returned home from the Marine Corp. After about a month at home, he began to miss his carry weapon. We started going to gun shops and with the purchase of my first Mosin I was hooked. I have about six variations of the mosin and my favorite right now is my M1icon Garand. I don't look for the collector's grade rifles but good shooter that represent the past. I have recently purchased my first German weapon. It is a 1942 bnz.I posted on another board but the responses was limited and left me with more questions than answers. As you can see by the attached pictures it has ZF41 scope mount that appears to be a repro. It also has what appears to be finger grooves cut into the stock. One guy said it was bubba'd but he cannot prove that the carry soldier didn't cut those groove any more that I can prove he did do them. The reciever has both the WaA77 (On the right side) and WaA623 (On top of the receiver above the bnz). One gentleman said because of the small font this is a Radon built rifle, If this is correct, why is the WaA623 on the reciever also? The numbers on the stock do not match the rifle. Is this the correct style stock for the bnz or should it have a cupped stock? There is no import marks on the rifle. It is not a RC. Is the fact that it is not a RC a plus? The barrel has strong grooves and no pitting. I paid 300 for this rifle and it was well worth it to me. Any information you have would be awesome, thanks for your time!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.