Grenade launching rifle

Hello everyone. I am a new member to this forum and I have recently acquired a wire wrapped Enfield Mk III rifle with a grenade cup. I believe it is refurbished in India for the grenade firing features, but do not know for sure. I would like to describe a few of the marking found on the buttsocket and bolt to try to ID the original manufacturer.

First, the right side has a crown marking, with a faint GR below it. Then, no marking at all until SHTLE marking, with III below that.

On the left side, a U is found at the top behind the safety lever.
At the bottom below safety lever, at large arrow, with RIF below that and then 1927 below that.

On the bolt head there appears to be crossed square flags, maybe double struck. The area above the chamber has GR with another GR in front of that. Around this second GF are three bizarre not recognized marks in the metal. The bolt has a SA, with an arrow below that and then below then a F. The serial number C4702 is found on the bolt, receiver, magazine, and nose piece. The wire wrapping is found in two places, between the sling swivel and the bayonet mount and also behind the rear sight.

The grenade cup has S&B , with HL and 1942.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

David Brown
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.