Ok guys I made a statement about a company in Canadaicon that was reloading military cases for the US military in 5.56.

I don't remember the name of the company and I have been called on the US military useing reloaded ammunition in small arms for any purpose. The caller may be right, he's a very knowledgeable guy.

I have a memory block on the name of the reloader in question. They marketed the ammunition commercially in Canada and maybe the US under the name "Trooper". They came in two differnt colored boxes Blue with Red lettering and Red with white lettering.

They were loaded with the 55 grain fmj. 50 cartridges per box in styrofoam holders. The time period was in the mid seventies and early eighties.

Anyway, there was an issue with this ammunition as it supposedly caused some damage to the M16s it was used in.

The ammunition was supposed to be used for practice only.

Can anyone help me out here? If not, I will go back onto CGN and apologise for a statement I can't back up.

I do know that many other armies in the world, use reloaded ammunition for practise and field purposes. I even visited a reloading facility in Brazilicon, operated by Manesmann in Belohorizonte. They were reloading 7.62, 7x57, 5.56, 38 special and 50 cal at the facility. It even had military police guarding the gates, 24 hours per day.

I would appreciate any help I can get here.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.