Threaded View

Last On
    09-19-2023 @ 12:24 AM
    Local Date
    06-06-2024
    Local Time
    12:49 AM

Took the Inland for a walk today

What a heck of a day! Got everything rounded up, my friend George picked me up, got to the Como MS range (45 minutes away) and set up. I went to the trunk and discovered I had left my ammo cam with all my ammo and magazines at home in the gun safe! Called my wife (God bless her) and talked her through opening the safe. She grabbed the ammo and brought it down. I owe her.

Shot the M1icon Carbine first. Great, dead on at 25 yards with R-P soft point ammo. First group was high and dispersed on the 25 yard sight in target. It was shot from a hard rest of 2x4s. Second group was much tighter and dead-nuts on. It was shot from a padded rest supported by the off hand. Checked the can for more ammo, and found I had only thrown in a 15 round magazine loaded with soft points that I was using to check POA compared to FMJs. No more carbine ammo. I had left the RP FMJ in the safe...No 100 yard shooting with the carbine.

I am wearing an original early 60's vintage set of Beo Gam "Duck Hunter" fatigues used by Advisers and Seals in Vietnam 1960-1964, It was commercially made by KAMO, and sold through sears, The government bought them for the troops, since they did not have suitable cammo for them

Next took the XM16E1 clone. First checked the battle sight. I knew I would need to adjust it, as I had taken the great CMPicon C barrel off the 604 upper and put it on the 603 upper. Good news and bad news: Good news is that it is still as accurate, doing a 1/2-5/16"ish group at 25 yards. Bad news is that at 25 yards with the rear sight centered, it barely made the paper. It was about 4+ inches left of center of the battlesight target! 3 clicks moved it a little, but even with the sight all the way to the right, the group was still left of center. Since I had the rear sight centered on the 604 upper with the same barrel, I suspect the index notch on the 603 upper is slightly off. I'll have to take a little off the left side of the notch, then peen the right side to move (rotate barrel) the front sight left. Did this on Air Force GAUs in the Armory when they shot too much to one side.

Also test fired my FEG Israeli Police contract Browning HiPower clone with 100 rounds. i had replaced the springs with Wolff replacements. 100% reliable, and dead on.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by imarangemaster; 10-22-2011 at 03:11 PM.

2. Thank You to imarangemaster For This Useful Post: