Just though I share this with you fellas. I have a lot of .303 ammo marked GB 50 7 . It is loaded with cordite strands , a FMJ bullet and corrosive berdan primer. I shoot them in my SMLE Enfield No.1 and No.4 Mk2. I notice that sometimes the rounds would have a hiss-bang when fired. But despite this, the shots group very well at 50yds, better than my reloaded ammo in fact, 2" groups vs 3.5" groups respectively.
I tried this ammo on a cow that I was told to shoot, by the owner of the ranch of course. The round went off with that distinctive hiss-bang and the bullet struck the cow in the left eye and it went down. I had to bleed the cow by cutting it's neck open, and was surprised to find the bullet. The bullet's forward half had disintergrated into pieces and only the rear half was in one piece.
Thinking back on this, it would be a horrible thing if a person was hit by this ammo. I wonder if the ammo was designed to break apart like this.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.