This past week has not been a good one for me and two dealings with the USPS. I recently made two internet purchases, first was a cut-off for my SMLE MkV and the second was a 1941 Faz on a MkVI action. Both sellers shipped the items via USPS. The first package to arrive this week was the cut-off. I knew right away something was wrong when I grabbed the Priority Mail Envelope from the mailbox and it felt empty. First thing I noticed was a rip in the envelope and a sticker on it stating that it was "Received Damaged" and "Received Without Contents". I was not happy about it, but I realize these things can happen. The rifle was handed over to the USPS on November 30 with an ETA of December 05. I went to the local Post Office on December 06 and asked them to track it and I was told it was still in MS and that with the holidays it is not that unusual and could take 10 to 14 days. I notified the Seller and he told me he would check into it for me. As of this morning, the rifle was still showing in MS and I rec'd an e-mail from the Seller this afternoon stating that the USPS does not know were it is and has opened an investigation to find the rifle.

I hope this post does not offend any USPS employees, but as you can imagine, this has been a very frustrating week for me!!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.