Thinking back I have to kick myself.There's an old saying "too soon old,and too late smart" When I think about the rifles I could have now hAd I not been young and dumb. In Vietnam there seemed an endless supply of old Milsurps to be had from the VietCong. Most of the NVA carried the Kalashnikov AK47, and the Sovieticon SKS Tula These were forbidden If found we were to hand them in to the MPs, CID or Higher Hqs But like so many others I was hell bent to own that which I could not own. In those days I didn't have the foggiest about Rifles like the Frenchicon Lebelle, the Mauser K98icon, the Mosin 91/30 and M38, an assortment of other Mausers, and yes I had a chance at an M1icon Carbine An Arvn officer beat me to it. I remember one of NCOs offering me this old Mauser that was dirty and beat up. It was a Turkishicon Mauser, but I didn't know that at the time I refused. I wanted what I could not have. I still can't have it. The M1 That's a story in itself Procrastination again and again Now forget it Well this is my sad story, and I imagine there are a few of you who had the same experiences
Paul M
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.