I've been doing a lot of reading ever since I found out that I'd be getting this rifle and I'm pretty sure this is English manufactured due to the ROF (F) 7/43 on the left side of the bolt carrier (at Faz if I've been reading right). I also took a few pics of the serial numbers on the rifle. The magazine obviously doesn't match the others but it has been restamped, my guess is by INTERARMS which is who is the dealer marked all over the paperwork. My grandpa bought this rifle quite a while ago for $100 and once he heard about my WWII interests and my love of weapons he decided to give it to me.

I know the scope and rail we bought by him but he did give me the original rear site, I just need a hinge pin since the original broke when removing it.

I need to take it into the gunsmith this week just to make sure everything is tip top since it was purchased and never even fired. I'm sure I'll need to give it a good cleaning as well.

Anyway, is there anything else I should know about it? Anything seem odd about those serials and the manufacture date? I'm very excited about this rifle and the fact that it is hopefully authentic as well is even a bigger joy to me.

Here's a link to the pics.. PICTURES
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.