Now, here's an interesting piece of militaria. How it got here, I've no idea, but perhaps one of our southern neighbours may know. It's definitely of more interest to our American cousins.
I have come into possession of a walking stick, or maybe a swagger stick. It's too heavy for a Britishicon pattern officers swagger stick, but I'm frankly unfamiliar with the U.S. accepted patterns of senior NCO accoutrements. The pics give a good idea of what you're looking at, and I'll provide a verbatim transcript of the inscription. I have no idea what kind of wood this is, but under the rubber tip is a horn tip original to the piece. The knob is hallmarked sterling silver. The inscription reads:
R.M.S. F.R. GULLAND
from
The Sergts 5th C.L.V.R. (N.G.)
at
TADWORTH CAMP
I'm assuming it's for a Regimental Sergeant Major F.R. Gulland of the 5th Cavalry (National Guard)? If anyone knows more, or correctly, please chime in. I'd love any information anyone could provide regarding provenance, possible value, etc. Thanks in advance to you all.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.