Hello,

The front sight cants a pretty noticeable amount to the right (looking from the receiver end), and wondering who else may have experienced this, and perhaps a fix? I wonder how much, if any adjustment there is to rotate the gas block/front sight a few degrees left to correct this, or if the barrel can be screwed in a bit more to correct the issue, then adjust headspace?

I looked under the handguard and it seems there is some space between the to stops where some rotation could happen (remove a cross pin?) done somehow, assuming there is the ability of the barrel bleed hole and gas block/tube holes to align enough to function.

Really like the rifle, and want to be able to have it "right"... Not sure how/when this could have happened, as I can't imagine the folks in Argentinaicon would have allowed such an obvious defect to pass during 7.62x51 re-barreling, and can't imagine even the roughest shipping could cause what I am seeing? Any well qualified smiths who specilize in these FN49's, who I might contact to bounce around some ideas? Thanks for the help.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.