I have been given what appears to be an early late type 99. I say early as it seems to have some early parts as well as late war parts on it. I might call it a transition piece? I have been cleaning it up as there was a lot of surface rust and light pitting on it. The Mum is intact and the rifling has some wear and pitting so it would appear to have been used but I cannot say that it was in a battle. I have been looking at the information on the left side of the receiver and it seems to have been made by Toyo Kogyo Corporation, series 33 and serial number 93302. Would this series seem to be correct for a Toyo? The series stamp is a bit faint. I was able to remove the hand guard and the bluing under the hand guard on the barrel is in excellent condition. Just cannot get the front action screw out to take the whole rifle out of the stock so I can check it some more. I would like to post some photos of it but don't have a camera. Any help is appreciated thank you.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.