Here is my 1916 Spanish Short Rifle. There is no crest on the reciever ring, It is not marked on the left rail other than a serial # 4197 that is preceded by what looks like an upper case R This # matches the one on the bolt handle. the number on the shroud does not match. There is what appears to be a second serial # on the right side of the reciever ring 27162 this may be the importers serial # There is a gas port on the left side of the reciever ring and the bolt has been ported as well. This rifle is chambered in 7.62 nato. It will chamber a 308 winchester round. I have a 7.62 max length head space gauge that it will not close on. My question is I read where some of these 93 actions were reworked and re heat treated and issued as civil gaurd rifles. Is the any way to know if this is one. I Do Not plan on shooting .308 win in it but I plan on loading some lower power loads in the range of the 7x57 cartridges this rifle was originally built for. Should be ok for that. Any input would be apreciated.Attachment 32163Attachment 32164Attachment 32165 Sorry if I double posted
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.