So I got all the parts I wanted to change together, front sling swivel, Izzy forward assist cocking handle, FA cut bolt carrier, DSA extended inch patter selector and Turner extended NM sling.

Then I took her on her first real range trip on Saturday and started to get a zero at the 50 yard line. Because of my first range trip to verify function I knew my POI was high so worked my shots down and closed out the day with this group at 50 yards.

Not bad for a 40 year old Izzy heavy barrel and an L1A1 rear sight.
The next day, Sunday, I went back to the range and set up at the hundred yard line to continue refining my zero.
I started out really high and since I was using the same style target as the day before, I lost the dot in the front sight.
Gents let me tell you, that Izzy front sight post is HUGE and coupled with the Brit L1A1 rear aperture I was at a loss. That rear sight hole is big enough to SWIM in and the front post is as thick as a REDWOOD, can you tell I've been spoiled by shooting Garands and M1Aicon's?
So I went and bought a huge shoot-n-c target and started over. Now, unless I buy a taller front sight post, I dont think I'll get it zeroed the way I want it. I was using the old reliable cut in half center mass aiming style and was HIGH at the hundred, so I decided to try the bulls-eye sight picture style and BINGOI was spot in elevation.
Here's the last string of 20 rounds I shot. Now to dispell what someone might think, the hole at the 1 o'clock was from my initial zero attempt before the sight picture change and the one at about 3 o'clock was from my sight picture drifting during the last 20 rounds.
The last magazine (20 rounds) was a mix of different types, 1 reload, 4 Argentineicon, 5 South African, and 10 Aussie. Of the 20, 18 fired and I had two SA rounds that had good solide primer strikes and didnt fire. Thats the first time in all of my shooting that I've ever had a failure to fire with South African ammo.

So tell me what ya think...........
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.