I have gotten a lot of great info here, so I have a question up for grabbs here...
When I took my M1icon Garand to the range for the first time a few weeks ago, it shot good, it felt awesome, I loved it...
Yeah, sometimes there's a but... Even thinking I had properly greased everything, really well, and going through the rifle top to bottom, It fired each time I pulled the trigger, and ejected the spent round. BUT... It failed to strip the subsequent round out of the enblock once in a while. Here are my observations for you to mull over...
1). AMMO= 30-06 M2 BALL AMA-90 loaded in unmarked/unstamped Enblocks w/heavy park.
2). Rifle= Springfield 1944, cleaned and greased and lubed up real good.
3). rifle fired in a Caldwell Lead slead shooting rest with no wieghts installed (didn't have any).
4). @ 100yrds all bullets in black, on SR-1 nra reduced target.
5). The Top rounds on all enblock ammo is on the right on all my enblocks, as per instructions.
6). The first two Enblocks I fired were HXP Greek, with G.I .Enblocks, worked flawlessly.
7). Only the AMA-90 and non-stamped/non-marked enblocks did this. I noticed heavy park on
all of those enblocks, & no park on the two old G.I. ones that worked well.
Here is what I did when I got back home, This may be important... I stripped and cleaned my Rifle, and put all those enblocks in the tumbler to remove that heavy park on them. When I was done greasing up the rifle, and putting it back together, I noticed something wierd....
Maybe you have some suggestions here as well.... After I gently cleaned out my gas cylinder and the piston on my oprod, I noticed that even with the gas screw tightened, the gas cylinder and Front sight will jiggle a little bit. (DID I do something wrong by not removing it ?) I don't remeber even checking it before I went to the range, but shouldn't the gas cylinder and front sight be tight on the barrel ? IF SO... HOW TIGHT ? I mean, how do I know about the vent hole in the barrel, and the one in the gas cylinder being lined up, or weather or not gas leaks if it is just a little loose ?
I hope this isn't a dumb question, I should have payed more attention to it before hand. I don't know if the gas cylinder lock untwisted during my cleaning the rifle, and turning it over, or if it was already like that. I didn't remove the gas cylinder to clean it, but I don't remember it being just a tad loose before iether. Could it being loose cause it to not strip the other rounds after ejection?
ANY SUGGESTIONS ?? Thanks... HILLBILLY-06.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.