NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    05-14-2015 @ 05:25 PM
    Local Date
    06-18-2024
    Local Time
    08:51 PM

RSAF No.1 MKIII* for your consideration

This is my first Lee Enfield. I recently acquired this 1918 RSAF No.1 MKIII* for $100 U.S. I bought it from a friend whom said an older guy brought itround, whom said he was given it by a neighbor many years ago, he didn't know what it was or want it as he had no use for it etc. It's missing the magazine and the stock swivels/stacking swivel. I have been reading this forum and others looking for information about these. I shot one in the early 1990's and have wanted one since. I ordered a book by Stratton and the yellow cover manual to help me get thru it. Both books are "OKAY" but not really helping me with the detailed or in delth information I had hoped for. The thing that is bothering me is the white/silver colored painted band around the forestock? What is that about? What does it indicate? I have not found a DP or EY stamp on any metal parts, or on the wood or painted on the stock anywhere. When I got it the piece was pretty much covered in cosmolineicon; even the bore was clogged up with it, I sent a piece of coat hanger thru it before I bought it to be sure there wasn't a slug lodged in the bore. All the parts & stock seem to be the originals and nothing indicates a DP marked piece would be removed. The fore stock has the serial number on it. I plan to buy a headspace gauge to check that also. What I want to know is if I can shoot this one or if you guys, the collective, with your combined knowledge and experience can see something that isn't obvious to me?
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by BubbaTheKid; 04-24-2012 at 10:36 AM.