Hello, I'm really just a newbie here so bear with me.
I picked this up yesterday for $225 at a gun show. I saw that it had it's mum intact and was in pretty good condition which is uncommon for a later war Type 99, especially for the price that it was. I also noticed that it was a fairly uncommon manufacture when I got home and read that it's a Tokyo Juki Kogyo.
It has a low serial number, which places it in the the first 5000 that I read was made with rejected stocks.
The bolt's serial number does not match the receiver, but is a Tokyo Juki Kogyo bolt. So I am wondering if the bolt is, just like the stock and was a formerly reject bolt reused later on? If anyone else knows something I don't know about these let me know please!

A scrap piece of wood was used to fill the hole for where the cleaning rod retention button would be.

A dowel was inserted into the screw holes to fill it.

A dowel was inserted into the cleaning rod hole to fill it. The other rifle is my series 21 Kokura for comparison.

One screw sling swivel was installed in the hole for a two screw sling swivel.

The stock was originally cut for the metal buttplate.

The safety knob is of the welded variety. The other knob is from my series 21 for comparison.

The bolt knob is of the plum variety, but is very roughly finished. The nicely smoothed out bolt on the top is from my series 21 and is for comparison.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.