I recently decided to try to find one of these. All I can find with a decent price i.e not an arm and a leg are ones been converted to .45acp/AR. I have heard tales of factory .45 ammo blowing these up due to some pressure issues etc. etc. Any one here knowledge on these revolvers help me out on this? If this is true how would one go about reloaded a safe load for these?

May sound like a stupid question but could one still run .455 through them?

Or are there cylynders available in the orginal .455? I have tried a quick search and have found none.

I have had one possible seller not answer and questions past the first I have one for sale email.

I have had another seller answer questions and send me pics, yet describes the cylynder as loose as "they all are" and admits to shooting around 200 rounds of .45acp and about 50 of the .45 snake rounds through it. I do not think the 2nd one is trying to be shady but as a new to the revolver I do not want to buy a lemon and/or get screwed over. Nor do I want to buy a gun I am afraid to shoot as it is going to blow up.

Any help would be much apperciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.