I was given some old .303 ammo since it is known I shoot an old Enfield. I took examples of three of the four cartridges apart to photograph, weigh bullets and powder. I identified the headstamps but would like to know if someone can help me with issue ammo from the dates identified. I also wonder what value this has as practice range ammo. I got two bandoliers of FN ammo from 1948 and 1950. This is Fabrique National de Armes de Guerre Belgiumicon. The 48 headstamp Cartridge was 3.040 in. OAL, it has a 174 FMJ BT, the boat tail is long, relatively and compared to what I reload. The powder weighed 43 grains and was flat square flakes. The 50 FN stamp was the same length The bullet weighed the same but the powder weight was 39 grains yet looked similar, it also tasted the same...just kidding. The third cartridge RG 62 Z8 is Royal Ordnance Radway Green UKicon. The Z8 indicates Ball ammo and might be nitro cellulose but this crimp was very tight and I failed to separate the components. This cartridge was 3.030 OAL. This ammo was in a roll in some type of sling. The last of the cartridges AOC 1340 was 3.035 OAL This is Bombrini Parodi Delfino Rome Italyicon and was made for Egypt in the 40's and 50's. It came in boxes. This had a neat flat base FMJ bullet weight 174 grains and 37.5 gr of a long grain powder. I don't shoot milsurp ammo but would consider trying this out if there is some experience or wisdom regarding these gifts. I enclose pictures. thanks for the look.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.