I bought one of those reproduction 1903 Springfield trigger guards from Sarco. It cost me $67.50 plus shipping. What was I thinking? It was advertised to be exactly like the original. I’m disappointed on two counts. First of all the shape of the trigger loop is quite flat on the bottom not the smooth oval shape like the original. I considered heating it and reshaping it but because it looks to be a casting I’m not sure what would happen. I’ve straightened out some bent originals but the repro cast issue makes me hesitant. The other issue was that the floor plate was pitted like it sat on the ocean floor since WWII. Anyway, I'm passing this along so that no one else wastes their money. I have seen other posts about crappy parts from this company. I have had some success with them in the past however they must be scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to 1903 parts. I’ll find my parts elsewhere in the future.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.