Hello. I got my rifle last week. So far I have found out a few things from the Previous owner and from looking online. The basics, it is a 1918 M.1 Mark III Lee Enfield. It was made by Lithgow in Australiaicon. It was 2nd Military District, Eastern Command, New South Wales. Stamped as Citizen Military Forces. There are other markings I am not sure of on the breach. The previous owner indicated that it was refurbished in WWII, but I am not sure what tells me that. Here are some pictures of what I have.

Pic of when i got it and before Tear down.

I took it apart.

It looks like tomorrow I am going to clean it and linseed oilicon it. The furniture is in pretty good shape, no big issues. Only problem i had was the end of the stock was broken a touch.

And it was wrapped in electrical tape to i guess stop the stock from moving in the metal plate. Is there a good way to repair this?

And as you can see in this picture.

I have some stretching of the casing. I fired it last weekend and it was real nice, but the bolt would not return to eject the casing without me tapping it with a rubber mallet. It did come back one time without help. Today i cleaned the chamber and hoped maybe it was crud in there that is sticking the round in the chamber. I didnt check to see if this helped since i got into tearing it all apart. I hope it was the problem. I also was going to try and polish the chamber but i think it may go to the gunsmith to check it out.

But after full disassembly it cleaned up real well. The bore is in excellent shape. It should clean up real nice. The previous owner said something abotu the furniture being Coachwood, but not sure what to look for in that statement. The year indicates it should have been Maple If I remember correctly. If you see anything i missed that is interesting about it please let me know.

Thanks!!!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.