Earlier this year, I purchased a sporter P14 from an aquaintance that had it hidden in the closet for a good number of years. After checking out the market with him, he offered it to me for $100.00. After the death of the long gun registry here in Canadaicon, I bought it as a LGR death present for myself.

After looking at this rifle a lot closer, all the metal is untouched. The rifling very sharp. So I started looking for the full wood and metal pieces.

Throught Marstar, I found a stock and front band. Because my resources are limited, I made the upper wood and the middle and rear bands using pictures as a guide.

I know the job I did is not up to perfect dimentions, but it does fit with the spirit of the quality of the wood I did purchase.

It looks better with the original iron sights but I built a no gunsmith syle scope mount, so I can see how accurate it is. I'll put the irons back on it when I'm done.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.