I've been watching buddies enjoy their K31's for close to a decade now since they first started comming into Canadaicon in any numbers, but until I bought my Swissicon 1906/29 Luger they never interested me the least bit as a collectible - though I always knew their reputation for being competent shooting irons.

Well getting the Luger finally prompted me to accessorize it by buying one of the readily available K31's on the market - though I believe that supply to now be drying up, at least in Canada. they last few imports have been of fewer guns and generally the condition is starting to be lower on average.

I wasn;t willing to get a post-war example because I wanted something from the same era as my Luger (a 1944 piece) and because I'm not a fan of the beech-stocked K31s from an aesthetics perspective.

Of those I could still find on the market, this was the best one I could find that was matching (wood is matching as well) with a nice bore and that did not have cracks in the stock. Here are three small repairs to the stock, but they are Swiss military in origin and very well done with walnut.

Rifle is 1941 production with a oil finish, presumably linseed and bee's wax from what I've read. I also have a crate of GP11 en-route.

Here she is:

To go along with this guy:
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.