I volunteer at The American Legion to clean, repair & service rifles. At this month's meeting an older Verteran handed me a WWII bring back flintlock pistol which he stated his father retrieved from Adolph Hitlers house and he has pictures of his Dad, at Hitler's house, with this pistol. He's beeb playing with it since he was a small child. He asked me to service it. Not wanted to doubt his story or decline the request I have taken the piece home. I willpost pictures. It is a Frenchicon Flintlock Cavalry Pistol Modele AN XIII dated 1813. While inspecting this I noticed and confirmed with a wood dowel that there is apparently a paper wrapped charge in it. No lead ball is visible. Almost looks like there is printing on the paper. I let the owner know and he asked that it be unloaded fror safety. Before I do that is there any reason not to? A similar pistol sold on Christie's auction web page for $1115 and was estimated at $487 - $811. Thoughts?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.