This appears just now on freerepublic.com. This fragment is just part of it; log onto that URL for more details. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of what is reported; it sounds like pretty severe cuts, if true. If they push it, it will create a firestorm of protest.
Regards

About Obama’s Heath Care proposal on Active Duty Military Families and Veterans!

My office just got word today that our new President Obama has proposed a plan to cut military health care benefits! This is great news for the 99.9% Veterans and Active Duty members who are currently using health care benefits. The Congressional Budget Office has made public a proposal stating that Veterans (you know the men and women who have fought in wars and spent 20 plus years in the service) are now going to be paying up to 50% of their medical bill. That¢s a big jump from paying nothing for the past 30 some odd years.

The biggest kicker is Active Duty Military (yep, I said Active Duty) will now! be paying 10% of their total bill. They will now be billed for their kids visiting the doctor. Again, a big jump from being free! Another benefit subject to change is VA medical benefits. Everyone who is receiving a benefit from the VA for a service-related injury will have to be re-assessed and the proposal states this will affect “90% of vets receiving VA benefits and will save the government $53 Billion dollars over 10 years”.

Needless to say, today is the first time I have heard from the few Obama supporters in my office say “if this gets passed they will not continue to be a supporter”. Isn’t this the candidate that just a few months ago was preaching to get health care coverage to ALL ? Isn’t it ironic, moronic and outrageous to steal $53 Billion from vets and active duty military families so the Crack Head down the street will receive free medical coverage?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.