I have been having trouble to get my bren to run on reloads and some factory ammo
It will run fine on old cordite ammo as long as it goes bang. I used HXP and had to set the gas at 4 and highland (ppu) and also R1M3Z will run ok at 4 but when I reload the cases I am using 150 grain projectiles from the russian 7.62x54r and AR2209 but it seems to short stroke about 1 in 9 either not coming back far enough to eject and get another round from the mag or managing to eject but not getting another round from the mag.
if I load it with RG1944 and set the gas on 2 it runs like a top.
I have tried different commercial hunting ammo from remington and winchester with the gas on 4 and they were weaker than my handloads. I have also tried W760 and W748 powder. I had alot of trouble with fouling with the 760 and the 748 starts to blow primers before it makes it cycle properly.
I dont know if my problem is the projectile weight or the powder choice. The AR2209 shoots fine in my bolt guns and shoots fantastic groups from my No4 with the russian projies and 2209.
any suggestions?

on thursday I blew out 600 rounds of HXP70 with out 1 stoppage but as soon as I try my hand loads it coughs and splutters
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.