General observations on gun sales in the US since the Sandy Hook School shooting.

Prior to the shooting, WASR 10 Romanian SKS's were selling new for $550. AR-15's were $800-$1000 depending on the manufacturer.

Two weeks ago I attended a very large gun show in Philly. There WASR 10's were selling for $750. AR's were about $1200. There were plenty for sale of both types.

Yesterday at a gun show in Reading PA, WASR 10's were selling for $1200-1250 and AR's for $1500-$2400. There were not many of either type. It was a smaller show so not necessarily an accurate comparison.

My local gun shop had 30 AR's prior to the shooting and sold all of them within a few days afterwards.

A look on Gunbroker the other day also seemed to show the same trend although prices had not risen quite as high on there, they are still many hundreds over the suggested retail prices of these types.

In the meantime, while older Milsurps didn't appear to be as affected as much, Mosin Nagant 91/30's were selling for $150 and Nagant Revolvers for $135. These prices are about 1/3rd higher than they had been as recently as the end of summer.

I suspect that prices will come back down in a few months as the political climate stabilizes but for now, I wouldn't be looking for anything in these types of rifles.

I was standing in line waiting to purchase a Type I Japaneseicon rifle and was watching guys buy SKS after SKS, usually without even bothering to open the bolt and check the bore. At $430, they were more affordable than the other types. M44's were also selling well, both the Russianicon and Chinese versions, the Chinese versions were practically sold out at this most recent show.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.